Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Arachnid Assassination!

Hello again,

I am pleased to inform you that I will be working two shows this weekend so that means money for car repairs! Even better I actually found someone to do the repairs for me. All I have to do is pay for parts and feed the guy. Its my best friends brother who apparently is more willing to help me with my car troubles than my own brother...But anyways, so hopefully I will be getting that taken care of soon. I talked to him about my car last night when my bestie came over with her brother to kill a spider for me. Yes I really texted her to come over and kill a spider. I must have the worst case of arachnophobia. And this wasnt just any spider, it was a black widow. And this particular black widow was guarding an egg sack. An egg sack, that I learned, could contain over 1,000 little baby black widows. So she and her brother came over armed with a can of raid. The spider had a web in the corner of the stairs on my front porch. During the day it would hide back into this crevice between the porch and a pillar. Disgusting, I know. My grandmother (whom I live next door to) tried to attack and kill it with a shoe and hairspray but that only angered it. It ran into its little crevice and we didnt see it for a couple of days. But once I saw it was back with an egg sack I had to call in reinforcements. So they came over at around 8 at night, so it was dark (obviously) and that meant that the spiders were out. My friend's brother attacked it with raid while I stood very far away. It ran off back into the crevice again but he said he got it really good with the raid so hopefully it is now dead. But afterwards while we were talking for a bit he pointed the flashlight behind me and guess what he found? A little brown recluse. What a lovely discovery. So I semi-freaked out and ran away while he smashed it with his shoe. Then he killed another spider close by the brown recluse with the raid. Apparently my porch and surrounding outside area is a breeding ground for spiders. My front porch hasnt been swept off in I dont know how long so God only knows how many spiders are lurking. I suggested to my friend that we get some more friends together, get some hazmat suits, and clean off my porch, rake some leaves, and spray the hell out of everything with bug killer. Something tells me this will never happen...but it would be nice. I mean, I wouldnt be helping because I could potentially come into contact with spiders so they would mainly be doing all the work...but I would love to supervise! ...From a safe distance ;)

Love and Rockets,
Mags :)

1 comment:

  1. I'll be glad when you're car is in better health :) also, we kicked that spider's ass. We'll have to see about operation: arachnid assassination...

    ReplyDelete